Sunday 25 March 2007

Module 2 - Chat Task

I downloaded the ICQ software and installed it, then opened a new ICQ account with the nickname 'atype'.

Although 'advanced netstudies' returned nothing when searching via the ICQ console or the ICQ website, I found an ICQ number for 'netstudies' at curtin was 110032611. Authorisation was not automatic and there was nothing in the notes section - maybe it is an account set up by another student in this unit, or a russian spy, hmm, After reading the discussion boards about this task, I don't even know if this is part of the unit. Oddly, when I cheat and do the self test the correct answer is 257853416 which in turn can be used to find the user 'advanced netstudies' which contains within the about section "This is the ICQ identity I use just for my 'advanced internet use' students!"

No comments: